Blog 3-Multimedia Design for Learning

After I watched “What is Multimedia Learning? What is Multimedia?” from Dr. Ray Pastore, I realized Multimedia is not newspaper or radio. Multimedia theories are modality, redundancy, and coherence, spatial, signaling and interactivity. However, it’s hard to use all multimedia learning for visually impaired people

Pictures are better than words alone. For my past experience, I have done a great power point with redundancy principle. I created a power point with text, images, and short video. Since if the power point is only with text, the audience would feel bored, so we can add a short video to make audience’s attention. I still remembered when I was in high school, I was doing a presentation about the beauty of word. In my presentation, I said we can sometimes change a word, it would make people to think in other way. After presentation, I got people’s applause.

There is an example of a multimedia learning principle I have broken in the past. I believed everyone has done a boring power point for their first power point. When I was doing my first power point, I only putted the text on it. After, I finished my presentation, I could feel the audience were bored.